Saturday, January 21, 2012

Creative FUEL: GLOWING green....

Health is very important to me. I am a firm believer in fueling my body with the best possible foods to keep it running in the best possible condition. Enter my GLOWING green drink from Kimberly Snyder.

 ©elissa hudson


I first found out about Kimberly from a post that my friend Kaleigh Lundy (yoga and fitness expert) shared. The book, The Beauty Detox Solution, has greatly improved my health and energy level! At my eye appointment this year my eyes had actually improved one step! My optometrist attributed this to my green drinks and all of the lutein that I'm consuming. Being someone whose livelihood and passion is dependent upon the perfect condition of my eyes, I was very excited about this!


See more after the jump!

I start my day with a Glowing Green Smoothie, and sometimes have one for lunch, too! (I do get strange looks and funny comments from co-workers- the most popular being 'That looks disgusting.' Bold comment isn't it? :) It actually isn't disgusting at all. It tastes very fresh and you pretty much just taste the pear, apple, and banana. I was shocked at the difference it made in my energy level, and in my skin. I also adapted many other principles from the book, but that would be a very long post, so I encourage you to check it out for yourself.


My wonderful Vitamix (a definite splurge worth every penny- you can get a really good deal on one QVC! ) and my smoothie.

My wonderful husband (who is admittedly not a huge fan of veggies) has also benefited from this book. I make him a smoothie every morning with fresh fruit and spinach, and he really likes it! There are always blueberries in his drink to keep it from being green- he may refuse it if it's that color. :) I feel great about him starting off the day with fruit and vegetables- it's my contribution to his health and our long, happy life together.






No comments:

Post a Comment